Sunday 30 August 2009

Adding a PSE clipping mask/frame to your photo

I have been asked how I added a frame to my photo, so I am going to do a nice and easy one.

I am using Photo Shop Elements 7 (PSE7), but it should work in other PSE. If you have a different editing software, I will try and find out how to do it in them, let me know by either e-mail or leave a comment.

We will be using the layer palette, so make sure you have it turned on.



This is how the frame turned out!



Load up your photo and edit it. Now press CTRL + J to make a new layer. Then on the background layer, click the eye so it doesn't show.





Pick out the frame you want and drag it to the photo or you can just click apply. Now drag the tabs at the edges of the frame so it covers the whole photo.







Put the mouse over the layer with the frame covering the photo and drag it so it is in the middle of layer 1 and background layer.



Now put the mouse over layer 1 (which is now the first layer on the list) and click to highlight. MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS!



Now press CTRL + G (to group the two layers together), the magic begins!

All you have to do now, is save!

Hope this was okay, let me know if I need to edit the tutorial!

Helena
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment