Sunday 30 August 2009

Editing a photo in Photo Shop Elements 7

I have been asked to do some tutorials. So first I am going to show the basic edit that I do on my photos. I use Photo Shop Elements 7 (PSE7). Sometimes it is quicker to use shortcuts, these are commands you type on the keyboard and the action happens in the photo, eg by pressing B, your brush tools turns on, by pressing CTRL + G you can group layers together. Here is the site that I found that has lists of shortcuts.

Original photo



Edited photo.



By clicking on the photos you will get a larger image!

Load your photo on to PSE. I then crop (6x4 for this one) and then use Auto Contrast (to give it more life), Saturation, usually to about 10 on the slide bar (to fix the colours) and Adjust Sharpness (all digital photos need a little help). On the top tool bar there is a tab called ENHANCE, this is where all the above commands can be found.



The first command I give is Auto Contrast (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+L), this deepens the colours.
then I go to adjust colour, I go to adjust Hue/Saturation (or you can press CTRL + U), I usually just change the saturation by sliding the arrow to +10, but that is just my preference, depending on which way you drag the arrows you will either deepen or lighten the colours and if you go all the way to left (-100) you will change your photo to black and white!



I then go to Unsharp mask, play around with the settings until you find what you like, I usually have mine at set roughly at
Amount: 80%
Radius: 20 pixels
Threshold: 60 levels
all digital photos just need a little TLC, so this is why I sharpen my images!



And that is my basic photo edit!

Helena
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment